Friday, May 27, 2011

Blogging for Dummies

So, I started this blog for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is to encourage myself to write on a regular basis.  In the course of setting up the blog and finding out about blogging I've discovered some interesting features.  If you are young you already know about these features because you read blogs. Honestly, I never read one until I created this one. I really should find one or two that interest me just to see what's out there.

But I did find out a couple of interesting things. Did you know I can add advertisements to the sidebar of my blog and make a few cents? Really, I could advertise diet aids, other websites and entertainment.  But, yuck, I hate advertising and can't imagine promoting more of it.  Of course there is the money.... No, no ads.

I could also set up a PayPal icon and readers could "donate" to my blog.  I can already hear you laughing.  Believe me, I laughed just as hard.  But really that's what it's called, "donate".  Am I a charity? Am I trying to raise money for a cause?  Maybe, I'd certainly like to retire soon.  Would you like to help me do that? That's what I thought, no effing way!

So I have no videos, pictures, or music as many blogs do.  I have no links to other sites (like what?).  There's just me and my musings. Words, words, and more words. That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment