Thursday, November 10, 2011

Michael, Herman, and the NBA

Someone has to take the blame for Michael Jackson's death. I thought Conrad Murray was that guy and he was, but since he's flat broke he can't compensate the "family" for Jackson's early demise. I'm surprised he lasted as long as did.  Mama Jackson and Michael's children have decided to sue AEG, the company that financed Michael's comeback tour, claiming that AEG caused Jackson's death. Really! Here's the argument: the pressure from the company was too much for the singer and caused him to take more drugs.  Fascinating. Last I checked Michael Jackson was a 50 year old adult who cared for his children, signed his own contracts, and ran his own life. Now his family is juvenilizing him. Portraying him as a poor incompetent child who was unable to make his own decisions. Too bad they weren't as concerned about him when he actually was a child.

I know I'm not the only one who saw the movie made of his rehearsals.  He looked energetic, self-aware, and totally in charge of the whole business. I'm glad AEG is a large company with means and attorneys to stomp on this frivolous lawsuit. Not to mention I'm sick of the Michael Jackson cult.  He was a grown man and drug addict who may have been a child molester. Not only did he dig his own grave, he paid people to help him do it. What a guy!

Let's talk molestation. Herman Cain. Apparently he never heard of Arnold Schwarzenegger whose grope-inator reputation cut him off at the knees politically. Cain has decided to go with the, "I didn't do it" defense.  The old "those women" are part of the Democratic machine and are lying defense. Shades of Clarence Thomas (who by the way has never asked a question or made a statement in court since being appointed,  he's really engaged in the process!). It's hard to believe he thinks he's credible and harder to believe he doesn't look back at the recent history of political candidates brought down by allegations of sexual misconduct. I say go for it Herman.  If the GOP runs you as their candidate Obama will certainly serve a second term.

Is this fall great or what? No basketball messing up the TV schedules.  No inane sports drivel driving me out of the room for some peace.  Really I wouldn't mind basketball if it was played in silence.  I don't know how the sportscasters do it.  I don't know how they talk nonstop for two and a half hours about nothing.  And then the nearly preverbal players are interviewed. Why? They have nothing to say.  I can predict what they'll say win or lose, "It was a great game. We played a good game." And these guys went to college or at least spent a few years playing ball for a college. So, thank you team owners for locking out the NBA players. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Murray was at best a drug dealer and by all accounts but his own, not paying close enough attention to his profitable patient. I agree that the Jackson family doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to suing AEG and I hope they get kicked out of court quickly.

    ReplyDelete