Friday, October 14, 2011

Of Pigs and People

I hate to say it but it's true, people are pigs.  In no way do I intend to demean pigs, who are clean, intelligent animals, by comparing them to people.  Instead I use "pig" as it has come to mean a person who is crude, uncouth, dirty, and gluttonous. 


I know about the public because my house backs up to relatively busy street.  The noise is nearly non-existent at night but during the day  the traffic is fairly regular.  The street is about 8 feet below the top of my ubiquitous slump stone wall.  This morning I looked out of my bedroom window which overlooks the top of my patio cover and thus the street and discovered trash from a fast food place on top of the patio cover! Over the years we've had lots of odd trash thrown over the wall. Shell casings, food, bottles, and regular paper garbage. But to lob a bag of fast food trash onto the roof took a good arm and a purpose.


Somehow the trash in my yard always makes me wonder if we've been targeted for some reason. I think, "why my house?", "what did my dogs or I do to make me a target"?  That's ridiculous I know. But it is disconcerting to find strange things in your yard and to think that some unknown person chose your house as his/her garbage dump.


I wonder, what kind of person throws his garbage into some stranger's yard? Female, male, young, or old? I have my suspicions but I like to give equal consideration to all people. So in honor of  equal opportunity I put at least 75% of the public in the "pig" category. If you could see the large park near my house after a nice weekend I think you would agree.  A pig sty is cleaner. And I put my money on the intelligence of pigs over the public any day.

2 comments:

  1. That is really rude. I would agree that it's tempting to blame people who fall within a certain age and gender demographic. Where I work, we have a small kitchen with real dishes, a sink and a dishwasher. Do you think people can clean up after themselves? No matter what signs are posted, there are always someone's dirty dishes in the sink. Early one morning there was an open bag of bread, a jar of peanut butter and a dirty knife sitting out. Do they think their wife or mother or the cleaning lady works there? No. One of their co-workers ends up cleaning up after them. I'm just glad I don't live with any of them. I really want a kitchen cam, then we can post the video on the company website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst offenders are those who smoke in their vehicles. I spend about 1-1/2 hours/day commuting and almost never fail to see someone throw a nasty butt out their window.

    Attention smokers...

    NO ONE WANTS TO SEE OR SMELL YOUR BUTT ... or pick up after you!

    ReplyDelete